Effective April 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m., we request that all visitors wear a mask when visiting all library locations. Employees are required to wear a mask.
Dear Library Patrons,
We are happy to be able to serve you during this time, even if that looks a little different. For your convenience, we are offering curbside service. Please visit our curbside page for details.
Effective June 15, 2020 Phase Three of our reopening plan will go into effect:
- Patrons are required to wear masks, per the current health order.
- Restructuring environment to make it as safe as possible for both staff and patrons, to include limited contact check outs and cleaning equipment between use.
- Gathering spaces remain closed.
- Grab bags will be available through curbside only.
- Public computers available on a first come, first served basis but will be limited to two hours. We are also be limiting the number of computers available so patrons will be six feet apart.
- Quarantine of materials will continue.
- The 50 item check out limit will continue.
- Your items will be automatically renewed up to four times, unless there is a hold on the item. Hotspots are not renewed automatically.
- We are still not hosting on-site programs and meetings at this time.
Please note: The Downtown Friends of the Library Bookstore is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
About our safety practices:
- All employees will be equipped with PPE (personal protective equipment), including plexiglass shields at the customer service desks.
- All employees will use hand sanitizers and practice frequent hand washing.
- Daily temperature checks will be conducted before each work day.
About the safety of the materials:
- Before materials are allowed to be checked out, they will be quarantined between users for at least 24 hours.
- Because of this, wait times may be longer and your items will not be checked in right away.
Please visit our locations page for current hours of operation.